Surprisingly enough even in today’s digital era, the most common way to find restaurant jobs is via word-of-mouth or searching for “NOW HIRING” signs on restaurant windows.
The good news is, times are changing and a good number of restaurant owners are posting jobs online too. Here are a few places to search for restaurant jobs.
Generic job boards: –
While these are not a hospitality-specific job site, they are used by thousands of customers and they do contain a fair amount of restaurant jobs.
- Indeed.com – They are the leading job board in the US and cover a wide range of jobs including restaurant jobs.
- Snagajob.com – Similar to indeed, they cover a wide range of jobs. The UI experience is definitely better than that of Indeed.
- LinkedIn – This is great if you are looking for higher-end roles such as executive chef or general manager.
- Google for Jobs – While they may not have many restaurant jobs, they do pull jobs from 3rd party sites and provide a convenient search.
- Glassdoor.com – Know more for salary data, they do have some coverage for restaurant jobs.
Restaurant & Hospitality Job Boards: –
If you work or planning to work in restaurants, it’s best to start your search on restaurant-specific job boards. They cover a wider range of restaurants and hotels which never make it to generic job boards. Below are the 5 restaurant & hospitality job boards.
- Craigslist.org – Like it or not, craigslist still is one of the top job boards for the hospitality industry.
- Culinary Agents – Along with the job board, they provide LinkedIn like experience for the restaurant industry. More popular on East Coast.
- Edizeven – They are a niche job board and only focus on restaurant jobs. No hotels or groceries. More popular on the West coast.
- Hcareers.com – They provide hospitality jobs for hotels, resorts, restaurants, country clubs, and the travel industry.
- Hospitality Online– Similar to Hcareers, they have good coverage of hotel & resort jobs.
Restaurant Jobs Boards for On-Demand:-
Times are changing and some people want to own their hours, own their schedule, and work when they want to. If you are one of those and prefer to pick on-demand restaurant job gigs, then here are a few sites to help you find restaurant gig work.